Wednesday, March 5, 2014

First time on Let's Bee Social with Sew Fresh Quilts

Hi again,

I have been learning so much this week...I learned (kinda) how to link to linky parties, I have made some new friends, I am learning how this blog thing works and how to post more pictures in my blog posts, instead of after in a separate post.  I still have lots to learn and with the help of some great people I am getting there.  I want to thank Shari from Living With Purpose for showing me some of the great networking that is out there and introducing me to this Lets Bee Social that I am going to link to soon...  I am participating in Shari's "Craft It Forward" and I am so excited about it.

I know I have posted this quilt flimsy (something else that I learned, who knew that a quilt top was a flimsy...makes perfect sense to me) LOL.  But it has come down off my railing and my border fabric finally arrived from Fat Quarter Shop and I am getting ready to put it on and hopefully begin quilting it by this weekend.  We shall see what this weekend brings... Here it is again, still on the railing of my loft, soon to come down and be worked on.  Again, this was pieced with 4 charm packs of Kansas Troubles Favorites II from Moda... it is a pattern by Pam and Nicky Lintott called Galaxy of Stars and it was so fun to do and a challenge trying to match up the fabrics to make the stars.

WIP Galaxy of Stars

Anyway, as I said before, I am going to try to link with this Lets Bee Social Linky Party with Sew Fresh Quilts, hoping to meet many more of you folks out in blogland...

Oh, I almost forgot, in a previous post I also linked up with Amy's Creative Side blog for her Pillow collective and entered my Crossroads Dresden Pillow into her giveaway...go take a look.

I will post more soon on other WIP's...stay tuned and hope to see/talk with you all soon!

Blessings,

Jodi
mtngurlquilts

20 comments:

  1. Your stars quilt flimsy looks right at home hanging on the railing. Can't wait to see how it will look with the borders on. So exciting to meet someone new and make a new friend! Thanks for joining the party, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, you are so sweet. So nice to make some new friends here.

      Delete
  2. what a great quilt. Well done for dipping your toe in blogging, stick with it, it gets easier to learn what to do and how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am finding that the more I research and get help from some of the "seasoned" bloggers it is getting easier.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the quilting and blogging world, they both become very addicting very fast, LOL But oh so fun. Love your stars quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Vicki. And, yes, you are so correct they are both very addicting.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to blog world. I started blogging recently too, jumped into it with not much knowledge and learned little by little with the help of this site http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/p/blog-parties.html. Lots of tips there.
    Can't wait to see your stars quilt finished. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jereena,

      Thanks so much for the helpful website, some great stuff here, I will pass it on too!

      Delete
  5. Jodi -- you've done a fantastic job of "getting started" in the blogging world. Just love that friendship star quilt and can't wait to see how it is quilted. Thanks for stopping by the blog today and leaving such sweet comments. Welcome again -- it's awesome having you around. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Karen, so glad you stopped by and thanks for the encouragement, it is taking a little bit, but I am getting there. Thanks for the warm welcome.

      Delete
  6. Hi there, I'm also a newish blogger and I love it:). Your quilts are lovely and I'm sure we will take a while to make new friends in blog land but think of all the new projects we will see on the way. Welcome to a whole new world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, so nice to meet you. I am loving blogging too! Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I'm another new blogger, as well. This is also my first week at Let's Bee Social. It's great to meet you and see what you're up too. I love the colours you chose for your quilt. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, and welcome as well. It is great to meet you. I'm gonna go over and take a peek at what you are up to. Thanks for the great comments. I should be revealing very soon how it is quilted, since I am new to FM quilting, I am afraid it wont be too exciting LOL...

      Delete
  8. Love your quilt...such yummy colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari...They are Kansas Troubles Favorites II (Moda), I love the warm colors they go great in my cabin!

      Blessings,

      Delete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful! I'm also a new blogger (12/13) and a relatively newly addicted quilter (5/13). Welcome to blog land! I have found that both of my new hobbies have become full time 'jobs' - without the yucky part of actually having to go to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew they were called 'flimsies' before either! But it looks great whatever it's called. And I love your Dresden Pillow, it's really beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to come and see my pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jodi, If you want hints and tips on how to do stuff on your blog, go to "Sew Many Ways". She has a whole page dedicated to it, and with really easy instructions!!!!! You can get the link from my blog.
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear from you :)